Saturday, April 19, 2008

Study on the "Most Important Books"

A few years ago, a friend of mine, Arnie Garr, published a study in BYU Studies called, Which Are the Most Important Mormon Books? This study surveyed LDS Religious Educators and Scholars. Of course, I still like my list, but I thought you might be interested in what other Latter-day Saints are saying are the most important books. Click here to go to the article in the BYU Studies database. If for some reason the link does not work, it is BYU Studies volume 41 number 3.

The sections are broken down by fiction, historical, biographical, by publication date, and doctrine. Some of the books I was surprised by and others were happily duplicated on my list. Also, it is important to note that this study was published in 2002, so books published since then will obviously not be included on the list.

No comments: